D Major – E7 Chords:
In this video session you will learn the D Major and A Dominant 7th chord. I will also show you how to play a ‘turn-around” and a simple song in the key of D.
- Memorize the fingering for the D and A7 chords covered in this lesson.
- Move quickly & smoothly between the chords using your 3rd finger as the “anchor” finger.
- Move from D to A7 without missing the beat.
- Know how to distinguish the difference between the sound of a D Major chord and an A7 chord.
- Develop finger coordination, calluses, strength and speed.
Many beginning guitar students are anxious to start playing their favorite songs right away. That’s fine… I was the same way. However, it’s important to give yourself time to develop your physical skills and musical knowledge. Don’t rush ahead prematurely and miss important elements of the learning process along the way. Learning how to keep a steady rhythm and play chords clearly will enable you to play lots of popular songs. =)
Congratulate yourself for the progress you’ve made so far and continue moving forward!
Previous Lessons – Module 2:
~ Psalm 118:14 ~