Note Values & Counting Time:
This lesson will teach you about note values and counting time using whole notes, half-notes, quarter notes and eighth notes. The exercises are intended to prepare you for strumming chords and playing songs. Use them to become proficient at counting the beats correctly and developing your right hand coordination skills.
- To understand how to count time using whole notes, half-notes, quarter notes and eighth notes.
- To develop right (pick/strum) hand coordination.
- Begin slowly by playing the first string example for each rhythm exercise until it feels comfortably easy.
- Once you are comfortable with the first string, play the exercise slowly on all six strings.
- Follow along with the video when you can play the exercise without missing a beat and are moving from string to string smoothly.
- Incorporate each rhythm exercise into your daily practice sessions.
Previous Lessons – Module 1:
~ Psalm 118:14 ~