4 Common Strum Patterns:
In this lesson we’ll use the song, Wayfarin Stranger to learn a Bass Note Strum and an Alternating Bass Note Strum. Then we’ll use Bob Dylan’s song, Knockin On Heaven’s Door to learn 2 more basic strums. This will provide a great opportunity for you to develop your right hand strumming technique while playing common chord progressions with your left hand.
- Learn how to play a Bass Note Strum in 4/4 time.
- Learn how to play an Alternating Bass Note Strum in 4/4 time.
- Learn how to play Wayfarin Stranger in the Key of Am.
- Learn 2 basic 4/4 strumming patterns.
- Learn how to play Knockin On Heaven’s Door.
The 2 bass note strum patterns will add a country/bluegrass feel to your playing. The other 2 basic strum patterns will work for just about any popular song in 4/4 time. Focus on getting a feel for the rhythm. You should also pay attention to the emphasis on the down-beat & pulse. Aim for smooth even strokes as you play.
Previous Lessons – Module 3:
~ Psalm 118:14 ~