Basic Minor Chords:
In this lesson you will use Minor chords instead of Major chords to play the I-V-I Turn-around in 5 different Keys.
- Know how to play a turn-around using 5 Basic Minor Chords.
- Train your ear to distinguish the difference between the sound of a Major chord, a Minor chord, and a Dominant 7th chord.
- Memorize each Minor chord shape and where it’s located on the fretboard.
- Play through the exercises by yourself until you can move easily from the I chord to the V chord without missing a beat.
- Play the exercises along with the video when you’re ready.
Now you know how to play 3 of the most important primary chord types… Major, Minor and Dominant 7th… in 5 different Keys! Use the Musical Alphabet to learn and memorize every chord associated with these 3 primary chord types. This will enable you to play hundreds of songs!
Tip: When you re practicing chords… Play It And Say It
In other words, say the name the chord out loud as you strum the first beat until you have it memorized. By incorporating this method into your practice routine you will find it easier to remember the different names and fingerings associated with each chord type.
Previous Lessons – Module 3:
~ Psalm 118:14 ~