The Em chord is one of the easiest to play and it works really well with the Am chord. Watch this video to learn how to play Em, a simple chord change, and an easy 2 chord song…
- Right Click on the Link
- Choose Save Target As
- Save to Desktop
- To learn how to play an E Minor Chord
- To learn how to play an easy Chord Progression using Am & Em
- To learn how to play an easy 2 chord version of Scarborough Fair
- To learn how to play the melody of Scarborough Fair with Tab
- Play the A Minor and E Minor chords frequently.
- Memorize the easy 2 chord progression for the song.
- Try singing or humming the melody line as you play along with the chords and tab.
- Remember to strive for clean tones and a smooth, even rhythm.
It’s a good idea to leave your 2nd finger down on the string when changing chords from Am to Em and back again. This will help you learn how to move back and forth between the 2 chords quickly and easily.
Notice also that the melody line is comprised almost entirely from the notes of the Musical Alphabet. The only exception is the F# which is played on the 4th string, 4th fret.
This ends the lessons for Module 1. Now you can either review what you’ve learned, or return to the Main Menu and begin Module 2.
Review Module 1:
Select Next Module:
~ Psalm 118:14 ~